Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Love of my life over 2 years and still going strong!




Okay the first love of my life is James, but I have to say that runner up is definitely my love for Kombucha Synergy tea. (please ignore the ridiculous picture of Kirsten Dunst in the background). Because I have a few food intolerances (mainly dairy), Kombucha really helps me detox the liver and get in my probiotics that are usually found in yogurt and other dairy. The organic, bottled Chinese tea (pronounced kom-BOO-cha) is cultured for 30 days to produce its “active enzymes” and “antioxidants.” It’s also got authentic—albeit grody-looking—green strands floating in it but if you can get past that, it tastes heavenly! Kombucha is said to have all kinds of healthy properties because of the fermentation...tons of good bacteria, enzymes, amino acids, antioxidants, it's a natural antibacterial, said to help detox your liver. I get mine at Whole Foods, People's Pharmacy, or Sun Harvest. The best brand out there is one called GTS Synergy kombucha. Its by far the best tasting! Warning, you might become rather broke drinking these drinks. I am only allowed 2 a week now and its killing me, but when I do get it or when James surprises me with one, I am ecstatic. Silly yes, but it sure makes my day!
LCotter

p.s
If you are attempting to try this drink here are the top flavors to try.
Cranberry
Raspberry
Grape
GingerBerry
Citrus
Passionberry
STAY AWAY FROM THE SPIRLUNA

5 comments:

MarkyV said...

STAY AWAY FROM THE SPIRLUNA
++++++++++++
Why is that??? ;) ;) ;)
I know the answer... hehehehe.

BreeWee said...

I LOVE that stuff too! Lins, you need your own blog! I bet a bajillion woman readers would love your nutrition tips/advice/recipes...

Fish has Legs said...

Is spirulina not good or something? I havent tried that drink but my grammie use to drink that type of tea all the time.

I'm one of those readers that think you need your own blog...filled with good stuff! ;O)

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Male readers would also love your nutrition tips/advice/recipes...
Undernourished in Taiwan (but within reach of Costco)

rr said...

I've never tried this and need it, thanks Lindsey! I'm the same with the dairy.. ick. I wonder if they sell it anywhere here? We get whole foods soon!

And I love the "team blog" you guys have going, it's so cute and fun and informative :)

Rachel in HI