So James' 3 loves (besides his wife) are eggs, Green Chilies, and Jalapeno Sausage. Tonight, for a little anniversary dinner I decided to make him Green Chili Egg Casserole with Jalapeno Chicken Sausage. Oh goodness, it so easy and thanks to Fitness Sista for the recipe idea. Of course, I changed it around a little bit and added a few things. You know me, can't really "follow" a recipe. Anyway, recipe is below with pics. Try it for Sunday brunch or an easy dinner. It was also good for leftovers today crumbled on top a salad or wrapped in a corn tortilla. yummmmmm.
Here’s the recipe:
-1/2 small container of sour cream (I used greek yogurt, plain full fat instead)
-1 small can of diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup diced chicken sausage (I used jalapeno flavor)
-1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used almond cheese, cheddar flavor. Melts great and taste great!)
-garlic powder, salt and pepper
1. Spray a small casserole dish with nonstick spray and preheat the oven 350*.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl and mix in the sour cream mixture
3. Evenly spread out the green chiles and sausage on the dish and then top with the cheese. Pour egg and cheese mixture on top.
4. Bake for 30 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned.
5. Optional: add more cheese and tomato sauce and broil for 3-5 minutes.
Let me know if you try it.