Sunday, February 14, 2010

One Spoiled Valentine

Oh boy did I get spoiled today. Not only did my sweet husband take me out and buy me roses, he bought me class sessions to my new favorite YOGA STUDIO and today he went with me. Impressive!!



But to top that, I received a special package from my Secret Blogger Valentine. WOW, lots of fun cooking stuff, cute sox, the works!! THANK YOU THANK YOU to my BLOGGER Valentine. She knows the way to my cooking/eating heart. haha!




Hope you all had a great V-day and Congrats to all the Austin Marathon Runners. What a day to race!

I'm leaving you with recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth and still make you feel healthy, well somewhat healthy. And yes, the are GLUTEN FREE! :)
Recipe is from my favorite Primal Lady.



Choco-Nutty Treats


Ingredients:

60g coconut oil

20g unsweetened cocoa (ground cacao beans are ideal)

40g shredded coconut

40g almond flakes

35g almond butter

1t cinnamon


Method:

Melt coconut oil completely. Combine cocoa with oil and mix. Add all other ingredients and stir vigorously until all nuts and coconut are coated in 'chocolate'.

Roll into balls of whatever size you prefer. If oil is too runny, refrigerate mixture for ten minutes, then stir well. Spread balls out on a plate lined with baking paper.

Refrigerate until firm.



GOOD STUFF!

LC

4 comments:

Christie @ Honoring Health said...

Glad you had a great Valentines Day!

Those cocoa treats sound great. What are almond flakes?

april said...

Aww what a sweet hubbie you have!!

Unknown said...

Christie, Almond flakes are just the skin of almonds. You can buy them at a health food store or online. Great for baking!! http://www.purcellmountainfarms.com/Natural%20Almond%20Flakes.htm

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

oh that is a great package! my mom is baller, haha