Saturday, February 27, 2010

Muggin' It!

I am so loving muggin my muffins. Thanks to the lovely fit APRIL for introducing me to protein cakes in a mug. They Rock. Last night I fixed a chocolate chip flaxseed muffin with banana crumble. You can also use raisins or cherries if you're not in a chocolate mood. This was a tasty desert for MOI! James was out and I didn't have to share, haha!

Choco-Flax muffin (in a mug)


Ingredients

1 tsp. butter
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 C. ground flaxmeal
1/2 - 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 packet (or 2 tsp.) stevia
1 tbsp GF chocolate chips or other mix in (raisins, nuts, etc).


Directions
Spray a mug with coconut oil pan spray, add butter and microwave for a few seconds to melt it. Add the rest of the ingredients to the mug, stir and microwave for 45 seconds to one minute. Try 45 seconds first and if it isn't done, add a few seconds at a time until it is done.
When muffin is done, just turn it out onto a plate.

Makes 1 muffin (3 net carbs) and add a tbsp of yogurt or cottage cheese on top with chopped banana and agave nectar to make it even more tasty.






Well, we're off to Maudies tonight to meet up with both our folks. James' dad is in town from overseas. I'm pretty sure all the Cotter's will have a mexican food hangover tomorrow. That being said, CHEERS!!

LC

9 comments:

Abby said...

Mexican food hangovers are always worth it!

Have a fun time!

christie, honoring health said...

This looks so cool, I am going to give it a try tonight!!

april said...

GENIUS!! I must make this now!! Do you know the calories?

Unknown said...

This made one huge muffin or two small muffins (like the ones in the pic)

Each one is Calories 117.1 Fat 8.9 g Saturated Fat 2.0Carbohydrate 1.2 g Fiber 4.6 g Protein 6.2 g
Thid is without the chocolate chips. Good fat and protein!

Bre said...

oh my goodness...this might be my new favourite thing ever to make!! SOOOOO GOOD! and so easy. I made them with some raisins..yum! SO good, soo easy...I could acutally do this in the morning prior to swim practice! adore it--- love it!

Unknown said...

Bre,

I know. So EASY! Kainoa would like it with the chocolate chips! OR carob chips! I call it goodness is a mug. Hope you guys are doing well in Kona. See you soon for LAVAMAN!
LC

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

that is such a fantastic idea!! I don't think I should remember it though, as I probably would make them too often! ;) Nothing like a warm muffin!!

tam said...

This looks yummy too! x x

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]sfqeuLPYGmKVZTfLj[/url] , LOUpqZQqgniIjb , http://hhmgziigpu.com