Wednesday, February 17, 2010

GF Product Review

Oh don't ya just love new finds?!?! Today I was at the grocery store and this caught my eye. Organic Gluten free buckwheat and sweet potato soba noodles from KING SOBA NOODLES. This brand also has other gluten free soba noodles like pumpkin, ginger, and brown rice. Such an awesome combo!
I have to admit, I am also skeptical when it comes to gluten free noodles because most of the time they turn to mush! But these cooked nicely and took no time at. I combined the noodles with veggies with a cooked egg on top. Veggies (radicchio, tomatoes, and carrots) were sauteed in tahini butter with a little chili pepper and lemon. I combined this with the noodles then the egg on top and it was a match made it heaven. James licked his bowl, which is always a good sign! I will definitely be cooking with this brand again. Can't wait to experiment with the other flavors.





Whats your favorite soba noodle dish?

9 comments:

anonymous said...

Okay, I need the nutritional 411 on those bad boys. I had a grand plan for homemade GF buckwheat pasta with pumpkin cream sauce and sauteed pork - all for a romantic Valentine's dinner. The end result looked like a Buckwheat Farmer threw up in my pasta bowl. Sorry to be graphic, but it's sadly true.

Yours looks great.

Unknown said...

haha, allie you crack me up!! I've had that experience before with Quinoa pasta!! This brand was awesome. You must try it.

april said...

Hmm I've never seen those noodles! Do they taste normal?? haha

jameson said...

where did you get them? the sound rad but you can't buy them directly from their site yet.

Unknown said...

James,

I actually got them in our local grocery store in the international isle. I am sure they have them at WF or Trader Joes!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

thanks for coming and checking out my blog!!!!!!! :)

I am happy you found me, your blog looks fantastic! Can't wait to read more!

Jessica

BreeWee said...

thanks Lins! I love soba noodles but struggle with making the same ol' thing with them, something new, totally appreciate it! Takce care!

Brian Kirk said...

thanks for making us aware of the king soba brand. my fiancee & i passed by the king soba brand at HEB of all places yesterday. to our delight they were only $1.99 a package & they had 6 or 8 of 11 types of noodles that king soba currently produces. we opted for 1 of the traditional 100% buckwheat, 1 sweet potato/buckwheat, & 1 pumpkin/ginger/brownrice. the 100% buckwheat were far superior in nutrients & so we opted to try them first last night after our long run. i kind of just threw this meal together: buckwheat noodles, stir-fried red cabbage, tongal tuna, sliced avocado, & we kicked it up with sriracha chili sauce...it was quite the colorful dish!

Unknown said...

Brian,

Thats sounds awesome! And I love the fact that they are $1.99. GOOD DEAL. Let me know if you make any other recipes!
LC