Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's leftover night



Oh I am so happy Tuesday day is over! It was one of those days that was jammed packed from 5am in the morning till getting home at 5pm. I definitely was not thinking about dinner either (which is rare). I know James LOVES any food (thank goodness) so I figured it would be a good leftover night.

Foods in the pantry/fridge?????

1. Leftover Butternut Squash Soup- better the second day!
2. Brussels sprouts and carrots
3. eggs
4. Quinoa
5. Almond Cheese
6. Tomatoes


hmmmmmm.......the dish? Quinoa with scrambled egg, almond cheese, tomatoes,chalula sauce mixed in, steamed Brussels sprouts and carrots with vinaigrette, and butternut squash soup.



The verdict. Delish! Sometimes leftovers are just as good. What are your favorite leftovers? I'd have to admit, I love leftover pizza for breakfast, cold and all. HA!


Cheers,
LC

6 comments:

anonymous said...

I ♥ leftovers. Last night I made chicken pot pie in an almond meal/flax crust that was too die for. Can't wait for breakfast!

Unknown said...

Oh, do share that recipe please! I bet its delish!!
Thanks Allie.

Sean in NY said...

I LOVE quinoa! I always make this one salad that has quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, lime zest and avocados on it. Throw on a little hot sauce to spice it up and it'll knock your socks off!

My favorite left-overs are easily Thanksgiving left-overs, but I guess you can only really get those once a year.

Unknown said...

Ya, thanksgiving is a whole other story, haha! Hey Sean, how is it in DC? Are stuck at home from the storm??? Stay WARM!

CHEERS,
LC

april said...

I love leftovers! You can usually make a yummy random meal!

Sean in NY said...

Hi LC - the snow is ridiculous. Being from a state that is used to getting lots of snow (Michigan), it's comical to bear witness to DC trying to figure out what to do with everything. I've had more snow-days for work this week than I had for my entire 6 years of college. Crazy!

Oh, and I just remembered my love for left-over potatoes. They're so versatile and so good at helping you finish off the 100 or so assorted bottles of sauces you have taking up real-estate on your refrigerator door.