Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Race Pace swim and a Cup Cake


I think my favorite thing about blogging is that you can take info from other people's blog! I'm a huge fan on Simon Whitfield's training crew under the guidence of Joel. Simon stayed with my family back in 2003 and 2004 and I have been a huge fan of him and his team ever since. I have started to read the blog of Paul Tichelaar's more after all his strong performances so far this year. So the workout today was what Paul had done the other day.

w/u > 200s,100k,200p
main set > x2 (10x100 on 1:40)
Total > 2,500 meters

I was holding 1:10-1:11 the entire time and it felt solid. I find when I try and push the pace harder my form gets sloppy and I end up going slower. So from 14 and on I slowed my stoke count, took two strokes off per length and went faster!

Arrived home to a beautiful chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles from my beautiful wife. This will fuel me for my last workout today which will be a race pace brick set that should feel pretty good.

No comments: