Friday, April 4, 2008

The Big Island

There is something very special about the island of Hawaii. Walking off the plane yesterday I was so happy to be back to place I used to call home. There is such a feeling of peace and calm (until you hit the HWY) here and your body rids itself of all the build up stresses from the mainland.

I woke up this morning and jumped in my ride to head down to swim practice. Walked into a pool packed with superstars: Coach Steve, Bree Wee (looking fit as ever after here trip down under), Paul Reginsberg from lifesport, and Mike McCarey. Of course it took me forever to get in the water but ended up swimming a solid 2,000. Makes a world of difference swimming with a squad rather then yourself.

Off to take nap as I am struggling some with the time change.

No comments: