Saturday, April 19, 2008

Long Day

Today was my first specific HIM training day leading up to Wildflower as it took a little longer then expected to recover from the past two weeks of training. I have spent every night in bath...with ice and have been on TP massage ball product whenever I can. My knee has been very sore since Dallas. I think the pavement, lack of running miles, and poor flexibility were the culprits for the pain. Been grimacing on the quad roller killing my IT Band hoping to get back into some fast quality runs.

The ride today was 4 hours followed by a 45 minute run. I can't even remember the last time I was on my bike for four hours. I thought it would be nice to start with the ATC ride and just branch off which I did, but man, I had a hard time staying with the pack today. I ended up off the back which was probably a good thing as the ride was supposed to be L2 with a few 30 minute L3 efforts. Once by myself I felt great! Normally I fall off the power after three hours, however, today I held on even after all the climbing I put in. The run was what I was most concerned about as I freak out if I can't run. Felt good the entire way and will be ready to tackle a 90 minute run with a 10 mile tempo performed in the workout tomorrow morning.

Consumption during workout:
x2 Bottles of Accelerade
x2 Sprite
x1 Coke
x1 Gatorade
x3 Accelerade Gel
x1 Slice of Pizza (after completion)

I tend to get rather thirsty when I ride. I also have a high sweat rate.

No comments: