Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nice ride and run.

I can't say enough times how much I love my SRM. I have been stressing my LT and VO2 max systems a lot the past two weeks and the results are staring to show. Did the ATC Saturday morning ride yesterday and rode strong. Brandon Marsh set a tough pace heading up Southwest Parkway and I was lurking at the back pushing some numbers to tire me some. Once Marsh pulled off to go do some intervals I moved up to the front and rode strong. Coming home the group wasn't too keen to push hard so I took off and rode LT home with another strong guy training for cyclo-cross. Ended up averaging 300+ watts coming home. Much easier to stay in the L4 zone these days.

Just finished up a higher end of moderate 10 mile run on town lake and was pleased. I haven't been able to run the past week because of some knee pain. I had the same pain about 3 years ago and decided to ignore it. Ended up taking me out for 7 months and had to aqua jog! Ain't nothing wrong with the aqua jogging scene, but seven months worth was bloody awful. Lets say I learned my lesson and will not risk running on pain again.
Went and ran the course in 61 minutes and now know I am very capable of dropping it below 60 minutes sometime this week.

Can't wait to head out to Clearwater. Turns out the Marsh's are going to be on our flight! Second time this year.

Pain=Performance

No comments: