Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Perfect Gift for A girl who Loves to COOK!

So Monday, I walk into work to train a client and just happen to find a present left near my box. Supposedly one of my FAVORITE class members (spin class devotee to be exact), happen to leave it for me last week. Now this person, Suzette, is an avid traveler and knows just how much I love to travel and how much I love Europe and south coast of France. She happen to travel to Villafranche in souther Franch for work herself and ran on the coast each morning she was there (JEALOUS!!). So with that in mind, here's what was in the gift bag!! See below.

Love this. Lemon Olive oil from Italy.


Yes, real herbs de Provence. HEAVENLY!


So with this special treat, I wanted to treat someone else- my husband. Our anniversary is coming up and I thought this would be a nice romantic meal for us. Slow roasted organic whole chicken with lemon and herbs de provence with wild rice, tomatoes, and balsamic brussel sprouts. Oh and a nice glass of red wine to go with of course!

Combine the following in a crock pot and cook. I used a 3lb small whole organic chicken and placed it frozen in the crock pot on low for 4-5hours. Stir occasionally.
- coat chicken with 1/4cup lemon oil oil
-2 tbsp herbs de provence and a touch of sea salt, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup raw wild rice
- 1 cup chicken broth. ( i actually used 1/2 cup sweet potato soup and 1/2 cup water to give it more creamy flavor in the rice)
-1/2 cup diced tomatoes and carrots


Organic Young Whole Chicken.

Fresh Herbs


Half way there!





And then Viola!




Ahhh....yum! And so glad there are leftovers. Happy New Year to all! My new resolution- be more flexible in life and in fitness. Going to yoga tomorrow. haha!

Cheers,

LC

No comments: