Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas & Eat your Veggies!

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone had a wonderful day! We actually had lots of snow here in Dallas (at my parents house) and it was so nice to have a WHITE CHRISTMAS.

Cotter Boys


So, for Christmas lunch I was in charge of one thing and one thing only. THE BRUSSEL SPROUTS. My mom wanted to get them this year because she liked them and James LOVES them but she really didn't know the best way to cook them, thats why she left it to me. Lets see how many people I can get to not only taste, but to EAT my brussel sprouts. Now usually I roast these suckers but since all the ovens were in use, I decided to steam them. Very simple. Clean and cut the ends of the sprouts off. Then place 2 bunches of the rinsed sprouts in a microwave safe bowl or on the stove. I used the microwave, again because the stove was being used. Then add about 1/2 cup of chicken broth, balsamic vinaigrette (i think i used about 1/4cup as well), a little kosher salt, crazy jane spice mix, and steam in microwave in 3 minute intervals until done. They were yum! And I got 9 out of 11 to eat their sprouts today. Now thats a good Christmas present. WOOHOO!



Cheers,
LC

No comments: