Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TIME FOR REST

I'm a little over trained per the experts which explains my insomnia, irritability, and few other things that aren't spot on. I will admit that I trained harder then my coach prescribed (my fault) because i thought it would make me faster and tougher then my compition. WRONG! It ruined me and it ruined my performance which is evident in my past few races.

I will now take a 10 days to refresh myself (only one workout a day, no more then 45min) and then get back in the game.

REST IS THE KEY. I will now demand it. I will use logic not emotion. Enough of being able to run ridiculously fast in training, then bragging to friends, but then not being able to perform race day for the glory. From here on out, I will be dangerous, oh yes, I will be dangerous. haha. But seriously.

4 comments:

IAN said...

Crazy how it takes such willpower to NOT train. Recover and get after it next race.

Unknown said...

yea, now you can finally train with me (the wife).
Nice easy runs and cruisy bike rides will be nice these next 10 days. You deserve it!
LC

~beest said...

Hmmm. Somehow I still hear that voice scolding me for doing the first set of 100's too fast - only to make the rest of them suffer. Sounds to me like you need to follow your own advice and not over do it!! Also - nice pic in today's paper! Not much of an article, but at least you got on the cover!:) Now go enjoy a cruisy bike ride with L!

BreeWee said...

Oh Cotter, so happy you have some sort of explanation to the results you weren't too happy about.

I am sure you hear it as much as I do, "you are so young in sport, let experience come to you, don't go looking for it". No worries, all the pieces will come together...

Hugs to you and Lins! I hope she beats you in all 10 easy workouts :)