The past week has been very hard. The protocol for the past five days with 5 more remaining.
1. One workout per day except two days of optional 2 x per day
2. No workout over 45 min except one, social and Z1-2 group ride optional (2 hours
3. Nutrition: Each meal have carb, protein, fat... and eat the same or more quantity as your training regiment provided.
4. Sleep: aim for 9+ hours each night (regardless if sleeping all the time) + 1-2 x 20 min nap per day if possible (or downtime)
5. 2-3 days of nothing but core... go on vacation
45 minutes is nothing even if your running at 8:30 pace. You can't help but to think about every athlete you want to beat in the season, training longer and harder then you. In the long run I know this help.
The good thing is that for the first time in about a year, I have recorded 5 nights in a row of solid sleep of 8+hr in the sack. This is huge. I actually feel rested. I'm hoping this will be be the key in training now.
Yesterday was my first day back. The goal for me is to work on bike strength because right now...my bike is SH*T. It is were I lose all my time. I know I was stronger on the bike when I was 21 riding with the Seymour's. I want to be able to ride strong and be able unleash the run I have seen I have in training.
So here is to imrovement!