Monday, February 25, 2008

Nice week

Had a nice weekend catching up with the Taylor family in Dallas and it also served as some good R&R for sure. I love escaping Austin and life for a few days every once in a while as it is a very freeing experience.

Training went very well last week and I am happy with the progression. My running is coming along at a rate I am very happy about. Was on the track the other day for a total of 7.5km and was at sub 5 minute miles for too long! I did not enjoy the run home from the track! Once I got back to the pad with my ice cold R4 in my hand I was very happy. Now all I need to do is start bringing my swim volume up and really focus on some race pace work. Sounds specific eh, yes, I can confirm my entry into the Lavaman triathlon in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii on April 6th! I cannot wait for this race! I had some success here back in 2003 and have not been back since to compete. Also, it will be nice reunion with my wife as I will have not seen her for a month. She is assistant race director for lavaman and is departing for Hawaii in a week.

Hope all had a nice weekend! Talk soon.

1 comment:

BreeWee said...

Cotter, ever time I run Walua I think of you and I pass your house and pretend to wave to you guys!
Have a good weekend!!