Wednesday, July 8, 2009

RI

Last year i went up to Rhode Island to compete in the inaugural 70.3 in Providence. The logistics kinda sucked as I was up at 3:00am to get to Providence to then jump in a bus for the 40 min trek to the start line. Apart from that, the race was awesome! Great challenging course and great support. I will be returning again this year to try and improve on my time and placing. Like always, the field is never easy. Cameron Brown, Michael Lovato, and R. Cunningham are only a few of the athletes competing next weekend.

I have switched a few things around and so far things appear to be heading in the right direction. Heading into Rhode Island, I have done it the same as my Kansas build. I have had one recovery week and two build weeks heading into Rhode Island. Like my coach always tells me in the kindest way possible.."You bike like shit" so I have been really focusing on lots of Big gear work on the bike. I need to be able to bike with the big boys and this has been helping some. I'm feeling stronger then I did heading into Kansas so hopefully I will still have something left in my legs to throw down a respectable run split as in Kansas. Really looking forward to racing and seeing how my body has adjusted to a few more weeks under Mr. Dixon.

I head out at 7am tomorrow morning. It's race time!

JC