Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mashed what?

So with all the Halloween/Fall Festival decor, I had pumpkins on my mind. But there are so many choices. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, etc. I wanted to use it for something different. So instead of my usual sweet potato or cauliflower mash, I thought maybe I'd go for a combo. Pumpkin/Cauliflower Mash. Ohhhh, it was good! Plus its loaded with fiber and vitamin A yet not as starchy as sweet potaotes or regular potatoes. Recipe is below. It went well with balsamic glazed chicken and brussel sprouts (James' favorite vegetable believe it or not).






*2/3 10z can organic pumpkin
*1-2 cups steamed and then mashed cauliflower
*olive oil (1tbsp or so)
* 1/4 cup all natural ricotta cheese or other creamy soft cheese of preference (like cream cheese or *laughing cow cheese soft cheese)
*black pepper and sea salt to taste
*And other flavoring/spices you like. I used a some Greek spices that seemed to match well.

Throw everything in a pot on medium heat until well blended. EASY!!

Email me if you have any other pumpkin recipes that are unique.

Cheers!
LC

No comments: